Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Belief

In my life, I came a long distance on faith. It was the moment of a lifetime. I had to leap to the swinging bar in front of me for perhaps a greater life, a chance at healing.

And here I am. In the arms of my faith. Cradled with love. To per chance it will last forever. And oh I believe it will. I have looked into the eyes, I have seen the face and I have had deity from above tell me that my faith is true. My belief is well-founded.

There are moments where it is tested. And in these times, it returns to the force behind faith - love. I love my faith. I speak of a person, not a religion. They are my heart's keeper and protector. When they weep, I weep. They are angry, I offer them my calm. When I am confused and troubled, they make me laugh at these things to which I attach my importance. And only they, do I allow inside my walls.

Beyond this moment, they are still my one. Forever and always to share the sky and the earth. So many pieces of people's blight have they tossed. So many concerns, reservations and self-concerns we spat in front as we walked. And when at last. Our feet have come to the beginning of our journey. And from our hands we hold eachothers.
We shall know peace at last.

This is my belief. This is my faith.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home