Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Friday, May 30, 2008

Large white ghost, slumped
Over a large white chair
My footsteps
Keeping me company
Wanting and waiting

Resting against consequence
Nodding off
Imitation my guide

Twirling with swords and silk
Roping off the known
Forgetting what I struggle to remember
The proposed painful
Alleged Destroyer, Love

I shall defy you
I will deny you
As I have been denied.

The Great Teacher, victimization
Mirrors, lined with thunder
Witnessing marred faces
Cracked sneers
Squinting for forgotten reflections
It doesn't matter how much you want to learn
Few get left behind.

The true master is a servant.



Playlist

Gone Fishin' by Louis Armstrong with Bing Crosby
I See A Darkness by Johnny Cash
Long Line of Cars by Cake
Jolene by Cake
Overcome by Live

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home