Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Platonic Rearing

The tips of the fingers of the guy in the car next to me are numb from picking nose hair. A trimmer for christmas is in order, Bob.

I had a pleasant morning, rifling through the dystopia of tupperware. So many misshapen lids, so little light in the fall morning to see them. keep thinking
i am taking some sort of universal matchup test.

Meeting other people's in-laws, and then mine own. things to look forward to for this coming purple October. Other things include making my own beer, finals, paperwork and Halloween AND Dia de Los Muertos. But more on that later, film at 11.

I have planned the next three weeks to be void of thought and action and as a companion money. My world has other plans as my Maganerial Accounting class and Concepts in Change Management class wind down. But they are really winding up to hit me in the head with an inside knuckle ball. Some people make mountains out of mole hills, some have mole hills thrust upon them.

When talking shit, the last word is very important. The final zinger should, in lew of a continuance, be like a verbal parting gift. Something cheap, you don't want back.
Most of the time though I am a bowling ball in conversation. Subtlety is not an option. I strike or miss, or end up in the gutter with my mind and words.

Someone asked me how I can just talk to all different kinds of people. I erroneously identified Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs as a way to accomplish this. People are people. They want, they wish, they fear, they feel. Even Katie Couric does. Well, maybe not.

At any rate, thanks for watching.

[it's a double entondre, but not really. See, you are reading it so your first instinct is to say, "Well, he's just joking and crazy." Already knowing this you might look deeper into it and say that you are looking at the words on a screen. You are watching the screen for the words to appear. The difference between "watch", "look" and "read" is objectification, recognition and comprehension. Can you tell I'm back in school?? ]

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home