Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Spulunking


Went to the laundromat assuming i was going to confess my soul at
some point. But the call never came. What secrets could I, a measly
human have to confess?? Not much I suppose. However, a man must keep
somethings secret. That only he may carry the burden for. A woman has the same right as any being.
Swallowing my last bit of Chinese I went into the other room. The moon, I noticed, had been shrinking on its own without any help.
Talking to the man who had the flesh of his arm cut away has been a slow and interesting process this far. For a few more days, I shall have his ear and truth is his currency.
Give and take is all we have in the world. We want absolutes. I want absolutes but my life is admittedly grey. Too much grey perhaps to suite a palate of plethora.
To-morrow I interview for something better and test my way through something tougher. A friend told me that turnabout is fair play. So when you nick some one's car while parking or hurt some one's feelings over and over without caring and do it over and over, it is only fair that you receive the same.
For years I have been doing that to people. I give them the same medicine they have given to me. They don't enjoy the experience and spit vehemently all over the floor. Henry Rollins once asked, "How come when you give people some of their own shit it tastes so foreign to them??" I think it's important to consider what we ask of others, how we ask and how we treat them. Introspection goes a long way.
For the next few days I am conducting an experiment in healing. My heart has earned it. I am doing so-so thus far. Perhaps I will do better to-morrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home