Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Working Class Hero III

A working class hero is something to be,

When they've tortured and scared you for twenty odd years,
Then they expect you to pick a career,
We don’t really have career development in this country. If I had known that I could have designed my own degree, I would have. Companies look for a track record of work in the industry even with the claim of “well-roundedness, flexibility”. There’s the need to be employed in the same type of industry for a long time in order for them to hire you. If you have a lot of experience in different areas you look…unstable.
There is no evaluation of strengths and weakness at any time during the education process. This prevents a correct application of one’s skills and joys to a vocation. The argument can be made that one must develop for themselves this very identification. Ok then what social mechanisms tell us that this is the way of things?? What encouragements are we given to discover and apply our dreams??

When you can't really function you're so full of fear,
“I can’t speak up in the meeting, I’ll be labeled a troublemaker.”
“I can’t ask for a raise, they’ll fire me.”

A working class hero is something to be,

Suggested:

http://www.onegoodmove.org/1gm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home