Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Stretch


It's amazing how the principles of Monday migrate to a different day. Greeting the precious morning and all the infinite possiblities this day has to offer began with me smashing my face agianst the night table. Yes, it was an accident and yes, welcome to Wednesday.

And with this, the ritual blood-letting call shaving is losing its appeal for me (this is the 98th time this has happened). And I know that the imaginary masses out there are crying two things:

1) Oh, how I love to cut myself before the sun rises for the acceptance and appeal of others.
2) We use electric razors

Then came my girlfriend's interuption. She yanked away my cranky cobwebs with her cuteness, beauty and quirks. But we knew that she is wonderful like that.

The rest of the day went as planned, uninterupted by reality or karma, telemarketers or walking hemmoroids, And now I sit here promising myself that I was going to do something else with my life than sit here (I promised that the deadline was 3 minutes ago).

Wordless expression of my ruffling wings. They need to stretch.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM, August 26, 2005 , Blogger -G.D. said...

    Give those wings a stretch. Sounds like someone needs a road trip.

    Wait....where are you going?? Come back here!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, August 27, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

    G.D. Veeerrryyyy funnnnyyy..actually I could use a trip. Wanna come?? "My bags are packed I'm ready to go" hahahha

     
  • At 10:02 AM, August 28, 2005 , Blogger diana christine said...

    well, now, there's nothing like the sharpness of a razor pressed against tender skin to wake you up in the morning. and yet nothing more satisfying than a rich, smooth shave...

     
  • At 11:35 AM, August 28, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

    true. the tighness of the skin. i once went to an italian barbershop. One guy was shaving me andd he has the shakes. It must have been Parkinson's or something. it was most unnerving but it was a close, close shave. With that warm lather 'n stuff...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home