Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Thursday, October 13, 2005

At Last, Dedication



It's amazing to me that in this world, and even myself sometimes, have this sit-on-the-fence-and-wait, almost non-committal attitude towards beliefs. In college I was always dismayed at people who were psycho (or claimed to be) who couldn't finish going through a pledge program. If you are fucked in the head that getting metally challenged by a bunch of fraternity and sorority people should be easy for you. But alas, no follow through.

With my life, I am non-committal about the way people want me to be in certain situations. When I let go of that I ALWAYS told that this is not the venue for that approach. So exactly when is that?? They never mention that part of it to me. It's kind of like knowing when to curse.

Can't curse in public, can't curse at home, can't curse at my parents, can't curse at work. Fuck. YES!! I can curse in cyberspace. WHOO-HOO!! But I guess we can't wait for the FCC to catch up and make that a fineable offense.

At any rate, whilst I've been waiting and now developing my life-direction I admire those who have an almost unflinching person vision of what they want to do; though I think it's rare. This guys tattoo just reminded me of that very subject.

"What do you want to do with your life??"

8 Comments:

  • At 5:54 AM, October 14, 2005 , Blogger Adrian said...

    "What do you want to do with your life??"

    That's a very good question. I'm kind of stuck. Go one way or go the other. The decision not hard. It's the consequences of taking responsibility for that decision that is hard.

    Fear is the mindkiller.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, October 14, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

    The Benegesserit Litany Against Fear:
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

     
  • At 10:52 AM, October 16, 2005 , Blogger STP said...

    I WANNA ROCK!

    -cue some Twisted Sister music

     
  • At 5:38 PM, October 18, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i dig that...altho i wud be scared of him...your point...well...i have no idea...do we really have to "KNOW" what we are doing or want to do? can we not just live nad be happy?

     
  • At 8:28 AM, October 21, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

    SWAYER: ...Turn it down you say/Well all I gotta say to you when you tell me not to play is say NO. No-no No-no Noooooooooo.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, October 21, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

    MITZEE: Orrrrrr you could do what makes you happy for living...hmmm...

     
  • At 11:56 AM, October 21, 2005 , Blogger -G.D. said...

    I want to make my own beer. You?

     
  • At 1:59 PM, October 21, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

    Me too!! Me too!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home