Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Sunday, October 02, 2005

And then the dream...

I woke up under a blackened sky confused, not knowing where I was. Five minutes beofre I had been in the kitchen with my girlfriend doing dishes and five minutes before that I had been asleep. Acustomed as I was to extended disorientation after sleep I wondered again, "Where am I??"

It almost seemed that I was back at college and eerily I knew without question that it was a Sunday night though if you asked me my name I'd have to think about it. Got in my car and went to the store.

Saw all the unfamiliar things. I was in a college town. Encountered a man without shoes and another who was lonely and wanted to chat. I never spoke. Smile and nod to the unknown things. They weren't real anyway.

They didn't have what I wanted so I called the Godess and she s/d come on home. I went the wrong way and passed a priest talking to a man the same age on the corner. Was Death picking someone up?? The sky seemed to be darker and as I stared at the cassock the priest wore I thought he could be the Boogey Man to someone. And perhaps he was.

Arriving at back at the place I just knew where to return to (I feel like a pigeon), I see Opportunity sitting by the tree. He is wearing a mask that makes him look like a pinhead (not THE Pinhead). He's reflecting me for not being as free as I can be right now.

He fades and I go inside to think about it. Again.

The Goddess greets me and I kneel in front of the boiling pot to show her I adore her. And this ends with the sound of our breathing.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, October 03, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wow. very intense.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, October 03, 2005 , Blogger -G.D. said...

    like totally, dude. ;-)

    No, seriously.

    That is one trippy spaghetti run. Very telling. I wish you would have decyphered the imagery that you witnessed. I'm of the school of thought that everything has a meaning. I'm so tempted to take a stab at trying to define all of these visual encounters, but I won't. The trip and all its symbols was yours.

    Your trust in Goddess and her boiling pot is so very touching. She took note.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, October 03, 2005 , Blogger -G.D. said...

    spell check is for geeks

     
  • At 10:36 PM, October 03, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, October 03, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

    MITZEE: Thanks. I don't try to be but this is how it is. I am waiting for you to write something dark on your blog.

    G.D.: Yea, people sometimes ask where I draw my stuff from. This is real life for me. The truth is stranger that fiction. I am glad that my goddess received my petition. "I never did drugs. I am drugs." - Salvador Dali.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home