Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Friday, October 24, 2008

Along

Rolling along the highway at 5:34 in the morning. Just plain cruisin’. The soft blue arrives again and I think about the other side of life not spoken about. The one where you joke about how farting in your chair at work keeps you warm because the company is too cheap to turn on the heat.

Matters of the heart have come into focus as of late. People I know through others taking that final flight to the unseen. Songs of my youth leaping back into prominence. This cycle of death and rebirth is morphing into an oversized pendulum just outside my peripheral vision.

The car I now pay for is a 6-speed (without Reverse, Andretti). I enjoy racing people in the morning. The ride is smooth and the roads are dry. But there is little finesse in the West as people here have little concept of Move-the-Fuck-Over-Since-You-Want-to-Go-Slow.

===

All Hallows is coming and I am very excited. The girl who served me coffee stated that she dresses up like Snow White, EVERY, YEAR. Yea, my guess is she will be attending the Ninth Annual Fetish Ball this year. But that’s just a guess.

I found out my boss and I both enjoy lumpy Cream of Wheat. These are the things that are appropriate to discuss in the corporate world at this time; and at 7:35 B.C. (Before Coffee).

Missing home a lot lately. I look out my window at this foreign land that has never really felt welcoming. Although I’ve tried on several occasions. The only place that has felt familiar, in a past life sort of way, has been the desert rocks up past Morrison.

Finished my supply chain management class, praise the Flying Spaghetti Monster in all His Nooodliness. Now we move onto Business Ethics, another mythical entity. We were supposed to write a bio about ourselves and an intro about what we expected to get out of the class. I went off about the fact that I consider business ethics to be nothing more than a tool to get more money and I went into detail. In reading the responses of the other students I was disgusted by the malaise and thin pandering to-wards the teacher that was presented. There was one promising guy from Zimbabwe who presented a parable he had read about the subject.

When does this cowtowning end?? I’m not sure that it ever does. Still have it at work, unless you work for yourself. And in line with throwing out some terms, I would like to educate my fellow statesmen (for those offended see statespeople):

s/w means “spoke with” or “spoken with” or “speak with” depending on nearby word usage

f/u means “follow-up” or “following-up”

rubber necking means “a person [usually in their car] who cranes, stains or otherwise awkwardly turns their head and stares while passing the scene of something interesting (usually morbid in nature).” (ref. urbandictionary.com)

At any rate the day winds on with rumors of a foreboding bowling event this evening followed by a haunted house.

Enjoy your life.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, October 30, 2008 , Blogger Lupus Latrocinium said...

    I'm diggin' this one man. -Well written. I know exactly what it is to be away from where you came from...weird. Never feeling quite like you're where your supposed to be. Hell, I didn't even move all that far away but the people are 'different'. -In a fashion that does not suit me.
    That was a good one you just layed down there. To the point, lacking the convolution that usually confuses Dinosaurs such as myself, but mentally stimulating enough to demand the readers attention.
    -Praise in order.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, October 30, 2008 , Blogger Lupus Latrocinium said...

    Hey-tried givin' ya a ring but, the number I got is the number that used to be. Dropped ya' an email, but I'll reiterate if you ain't seen it. -I'll be cavorting across the country this November. Had to break an oath and get a !@#&*$#'ing cell phone. Drop me an email, keep in touch pardner. -Caller ID don't register on voicemail.
    later.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, November 01, 2008 , Blogger Lady Writer said...

    1) You know Lupus in the real world?
    2) What's it like for you at 5.34 in your world? Funny to think that the sun rises and sets in much the same way the world around.

    When did the workin, real world become so damn important?

    How did your All Hallows go? I went as a vamp - and acted accordingly. The joys of youth are unparalleled. Or so we are taught to say.

    Manipulation is key - honesty all too relative.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, November 02, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i like lumpy cream of wheat too. one of my favorite breakfast....you work early....talk to you soon

     
  • At 8:23 AM, November 27, 2008 , Blogger Lady Writer said...

    Happy Turkey Day

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home