Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My V-D

[pilfered pic]

And on this day I am reminded and thankful for the love present in my life. She is the light to which I look and in all that rests in my heart. I asked for this in my life and it was granted in the fullness in time.

My gf is wonderful, generous, intelligent, devine, and beautiful. To-day is not the only day upon which I honor her. It is all days. I have often read that a woman's heart is like a fire. It should be tended well. At present we find ourselves defining our roles together. This is growth and we are the better for it.

Valentine's Day originally started out as people streaking through the streets of Rome to inject levity. Unfortunately this practice has fallen by the wayside. I always wondered how this holiday morphed into chocolate, flowers, cards and jewelery. Though comparing each to one's anatomy does reveal some interesting corrolations.

So to-morrow or until the end of the month, ask your fellow humanoid, "How's your VD??" You may get slapped or you may get a chuckle. Or you may get an answer like the one my friend Sue gave me at the salad bar in 1996, "Shut up, Foot!! Who told you??"

For some duration in college I would hold an Anti-Valentine's Day Party. I would gather my single friends and we would do something. This lasted for about two years, though somewhat surprisingly successful. Most of my single friends are now married and/or divorced. Something to look forward to.

At any rate, I, to-day, continue to hum the H-word in my head. My love is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home