Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

There's an old hebrew word which means to sit down with ones enemies and eat. This is done to push all the other shite out of the way and just have a meal together. This is one of the things that I did this weekend. When this person usually visits I get very, very tense. I become the guardian protector in all forms. But this weekend it was nice to see that I didn't need to do that for once. We sat under the sun together and ate and talked about our lives. The joys and the wants and the needs.

Did a lot of writing this weekend. Mostly aloof topics of simplicity and implicity where the whispers of life come together in shadows. They are the things which come to me in the space of everything, in the peripheral vision of my perspective.

Re-discovered the simple joys of kissing my girl. Such a wonderful to re-discover. The electricity and the sweet juice connecting emotion through the tendrils of the most nerve endings in your whole upper torso. It's something simple that's just so nice when you love someone so much.

One of the things I was working on was kind of a ballad of what my friends and i did growing up. I was listening to Lauryn Hill or the Fugees or somebody and they did a song like that. It was just cool to think about the liquid movements of memories within my head about those times in my life. Revisions are pending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home