Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Friday, November 25, 2005

Blessings and Blight A Matter of Sight

pilfered pic
Abraham Lincoln, upon instituting Thanksgiving as a national holiday, said this in part:
"It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently, and gratefully acknowledged, as with one heart and one voice, by the whole American people. I do therefore invite my fellow-citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next as a day of thanksgiving..."
-Done at the city of Washington, this 3d day of October, A. D. 1863

And while our country is at war spending billions as people here go hungry. Whilst people in another country struggle for equality through chosen means. I feel that it is only proper and fitting that I give thanks for ALL that I have.

The happy and the sad. The broken and the complete. The fulfillment and the emptiness. The frustration and the joy. The wealth and the debt. In my life I always try and be thankful every, day for what I have. I try to always tell people I love them. I try to leave the toilet seat down. Some times I overlook my blessings and sometimes I forget. But I try to remember. I know there are people out there with less blessings and more burdens. So I try to remember that, deal with my own, and perhaps lend a hand to someone when they need it.

And I am thankful and grateful.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, November 25, 2005 , Blogger -G.D. said...

    I'm thankful I found you and your blog, foot. My life...changed forever.

    Now, back to my tryptophan trance...ahhhhhhhh.

     
  • At 6:51 AM, November 28, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

    G.D.: Indeed you have a produced a corolary effect upon my existence and cannot conceive of it without your presence.
    Now I have to plan my meals for the week: Turkey Tertrazinni, Turkey soup, Herb Turkey Sandwiches with applecider gravy....

    ISIS: No problem.Small amounts of compassion make the mix all that better.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, November 28, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i'm with GD and isis, thanks for being so thoughtful. i try to be thankful everyday as well, and to give when i can in order to help impact the lives of others in a good way.

     
  • At 11:37 AM, November 30, 2005 , Blogger Lady Writer said...

    As a tangent.
    Guy Fawkes day is also a festival of sorts. Funny how in this age of terrorism, we celebrate a man trying to blow up parliament.
    Mhmm...double standards?

     
  • At 1:07 PM, November 30, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

    MS.BK: Small steps towards the goal.

    JO:what if it was a woman?? i think you meant to place this on the other post. be thankful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home