Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Resting on Cigar Smoke for This Extra Second

This is my life (Pilfed Pic) I found out quite a few things whilst travelling this holiday. Cattle prods are still not allowed on planes and the bathrooms at my local airport can be used as tornado shelters. Where am I again??

In my travels I overheard that the soonest return date for service people in the military is November 2006 or March 2007. I truly wish that it would be significantly sooner. Many wishes for their safe return.

Saw my family and confirmed to my GF that I am indeed a bastard (and then some). And karma, in direct and usual form, kicked my ass. I downed a several large gulps of family dysfunction. On the way back I was seated directly next to the restroom. And I almost missed my connecting flight by 5 minutes.

Ahead lies the new year. And we have an extra second to hold on to this old one. Itry to breath my life to be. So much promise in the eyes. My love and the sunrise. The things we leave behind are Monday Night Football, 20 pounds, and fear. Now to rise to potential and promise. Tenuous steps at first. Ending with triumph and transformation.

Upon this cool night, the stars rhyme with the silence. Drifting through these last days into the mark of annual birth. If time were removed from its imaginary station would this transition be noticed with such ferver. Welcome the new luck, the lessons and the hoodoo haze. Perhaps a cigar and some St.Brendan's with loved ones.

Be safe people. Best wishes for this new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home