Transitional Fossil

" The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".
Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Out of the Office Reply


Well, that wonderful season of giving and hair loss is upon us and many of you may ask, what would this Transfossil like this season. I'm a simple man. I only like to rreceive what I need. Like a toenail clipper (getting harder to put my foot in my mouth) or a wetsuit (eventually). But this year I decided to expand my tastes with the following list:

  • 1)PlayMobile Security CheckPoint
  • : Nothing really reminds me of the great and free country that we live in like this security checkpoint. Yes, our nations dedication to security while still maintaining the illusion of freedom is something I want to remember. And play with. And get used to...eventually.

  • 2) Happy Tree Friends
  • : When the world seems bleak and I find myself playing
  • I Don't Like Mondays by Tori Amos, over and over again, I want to cheer up. So I pop in a favorite episode of Happy Tree Friends and laugh myself silly til I fall off the couch. The gore is hilarious and reminds me exactly of the standards held by the MPAA.

    3)As some of you can tell, I like skulls. Always have. For some strange reason the depiction of our emminent state has always held a fascination for me. So when I saw Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas I was excited by the imagery. And thus I wanted to request from Sandy Claws theThe Nightmare Before Christmas Distressed Jack Scarf and Jack Skellington hoodie.

    4)What would the holidays be without a little holiday cheer?? My newest, tastiest and most favorite drink right now would have to be Damiana. It’s a very, very delicious drink. Good in margaritas and for just plain sippin’. It’s kind of pricy but worth every penny. You can also make the bottle into a vase of exceptional discussionary value.

    5)Being on the go as much as I am I try to keep in touch with everyone. These Razrwire Sunglasses would be of tremendous help though. But they have trouble gripping to the skull with no ears to rest on so I’d have to resort to mini suction cups.

    6)Everyone likes to have something to call their own. In this case, when I want to spill something alcoholic on myself I want it to come out of something with my name on it. So I found Personalized Beer Steins.

    In all seriousness, this is a time to give to others who have less than we do. It is not the amount of giving. To me it is the willingness to and the act of giving. Here are some of suggestions:

  • AnySoldier.com

  • Adopt-A-Soldier

  • Second Harvest

  • Red Feather Development Corp

  • National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

  • Shriners Hospitals


  • Have a nice Yule, Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanza, Festivas, Agnostic Day Off.

    10 Comments:

    • At 2:44 PM, December 20, 2005 , Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

      Damiana sounds good. Do you add it with tequila or substitute? Two of the things I like most in Baja... frosty Margaritas and fish tacos (with lots of lime)... mmmm. Happy Holidays.

      Kat

       
    • At 7:08 AM, December 21, 2005 , Blogger Rae Ann said...

      I also love skulls (and skeletons as well). I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas (or Happy Holiday if you prefer)!

       
    • At 8:04 AM, December 21, 2005 , Blogger -G.D. said...

      have a great yule, foot.

       
    • At 8:55 AM, December 21, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

      KC: I have had a margarita made with just Damiana. I don't think that they mix it with tequilla. You can and I guess it will just knock you on your ass soon. They have a good fish taco chain here. Happy Holidays to you and youre loved ones.

      LORRAINE: I do my best to make people laugh. This is one of the reasons that my girlfriend is my girlfriend. She's got the brains and the looks. I just make her laugh.
      Have a wonderful holiday.

      ISIS: Happy holidays to you and yours. I don't know I'm not much for cognac. I drank Glen Livet a couple of times. I really like Warre's Warrior Porte though. S'good stuff. You want gettolicious get Mad Dog or White Lightning.
      Yea, my mood reflected Tori. See also: theruffians.com and the DropKick Murphys.

      RAE ANN: It's funny. I was thinking about the whole holiday-well-wishing thing. It occurred to me that people are looking at it bassackwards. If you have a person who is Jewish they would wish you Shalom, Peace. A Wiccan might wish you happy Yule. But I think the spirit of wishing someone a happy holiday is a good thing. It's like they are wishing you the meaning of their holiday. If I said, "Peace be with you" then I am wishing you peace. If I wish you Happy Hanukah, you don't celebrate but I am wishing you the joy of a holiday that I love to celebrate. If I were Jewish...See to me, people wishing each other Happy Whatever is a good thing.
      Skulls have many different cultural meanings. I just like way they look.
      Happy Holidays.

      G.D.: Thank you my love. And to you as well...

       
    • At 3:15 PM, December 22, 2005 , Blogger Calzone said...

      Merry go fuck yourself

       
    • At 2:04 PM, December 23, 2005 , Blogger Lady Writer said...

      In a country which never gets snow, singing "I'm dreaming of a white christmas" tends to be a LITTLE disturbing, but I still have pink bunnies...

      Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to both you and G.D. I shall hunt down Nightmare Before Christmas...you'll know its from me, wrapped in toilet paper, how could you not?!

      Happy Holidays!

       
    • At 3:30 PM, December 23, 2005 , Blogger Spider Girl said...

      Happy Holidays!

      Heh, I like skulls too. They have always appealed to me.

      I have some in my kitchen on the top of the cupboards. Sort of a Gothic Martha Stewart look. :)

       
    • At 4:16 PM, December 24, 2005 , Blogger Blog Monkey said...

      happy holidays. try not to cut your damned fingers off like i almost did. cheers!

       
    • At 6:54 PM, December 25, 2005 , Blogger -G.D. said...

      i heard you left your girlfriend hanging during the holidays.

      you bastard!!

      ahhh...that feels better. she pays me to do this, ya' know.

      HEY! Who's the cute monkey on the comments??

       
    • At 5:11 PM, December 26, 2005 , Blogger Footprint said...

      ISIS: Glad to here the tradition of "tried it...& gagged my brains out." is still alive and well.
word verification: hpwppdp

       AVONNAH: Thanks for visiting. Tears and joy make holidays worth the pain of shopping.

      CALZONE: Merry go thanks. Fuck you too.

      JO: Thanks for all your efforts to find that movie. The wrap job means you care. Ha!! Happy Holidays!

      SPIDER GIRL: Glad to here you have good decorating taste. Blessed Yule to you and your clan.

BLOG MONKEY: Um...it'll bean effort through the haze of kitchen smoke, Chilean Merlot and potato vodka. But I'll try.

      EEKY: "You bastard" AND THEN SOME. No hard feelings. But I may ask for a turn to spank your monkey like the rest of my race.

       

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home